DBC Women's Ministry
The Women’s Ministry actively encourages the women of Derwood Bible Church to grow in their love for God and for one another.
The Women's Bible studies at Derwood Bible Studies are doctrinally sound and life changing. We meet together to study God's Word and in doing so, we draw closer to Him and each other.
At any given time during the year, we have several studies going on. We come together to laugh, cry, be vulnerable with each other and build friendships, We see Jesus' hand on our lives as we study and pray for each other during the week.
Discerning the Voice of God, by Priscilla Shirer
- June 24th - August 5
- Monday evenings, 7:00-8:30pm
- Cost- $18
"Having a hard time knowing what God is saying versus what others are saying? This Bible study is designed to help you know the voice of God: His language, character, and tone of voice."
If you have any questions, please contact Kimberly Guy at the church office (301-948-5440). We look forward to you joining us!
Women's events at Derwood Bible Church are designed to give women the opportunity to cultivate friendships, grow together and serve one another. Christ invites us to experience His love through fellowship with believers as well as honoring who we are as women who thrive through connecting.
The Women's Minisistry event team offers various types of events including larger, more social events as well as smaller, more informal events hoping to meet the need of every women in the congregation. We recognize that women often live very busy lives - for this reason, we invite you to come and join us for the events that are a fit for you and don't worry about the events that aren't!
For more infomation, find us on Facebook! Join 'Derwood Women's Ministry' group for up to date event information and RSVP options.
DBC's Lay Counseling ministry is designed to meet the needs of our body by providing empathetic counselors who will listen, encourage, and give Biblical direction as needed. Our lay counselors have all received basic training and are ready to support you and give helpful counsel as you face life's challenges, or refer you to those who can better assist you.
For more information and to be referred to a counselor, please contact Zeena Cook by email or at 301-948-5440.
MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers)
Want to be the best mom possible? You are not alone!
You are invited to a community of moms just for you! For nearly 40 years, over one million moms have met in MOPS groups in the United States and in over 32 countries.
A MOPS group is a dynamic, inviting environment where women can come just as they are to build friendships, be encouraged by each other and gain practical parenting strategies.
Moms get together to share food, laugh, and hear inspiring speakers.
While moms are in a MOPS meeting, their children are lovingly cared for in the MOPPETS program.
In a MOPS group, you experience authentic community, mothering support, personal growth and spiritual hope, all to help you be the best mom possible.
Mothers of Preschoolers meets at Derwood Bible Church twice monthly throughout the school year.
MoTs (Mothers of Teens)
If you are a mom trying to navigate the waters of "teendom" (ages 11-18), you are invited to join our MoTs (Mothers of Teens) discussion group. Every third Sunday of the month we meet at DBC from 4:30-6:00pm to share information resources, discuss hot topics, pray and offer general support to one another. For your convenience, our Junior and Senior High youth groups meet at the same time. There is no need to call ahead as we are an open gorup, sharing the same heart for each of our teens.
Body & Soul Ministries
Body & Soul offers fitness classes set to contemporary Christian music in many church locations around the beltway. Women of all ages and fitness levels are welcome to join us for our cardio and strength training workout. Certified teachers will guide you to exercise at a safe level that will work for you!
Our goal:To have a global impact on people through our fitness classes which challenge participants to reach their personal best, both physically and spiritually, no matter what their background or fitness level.
Body & Soul Fitness will:
- ENERGIZE you with fun workouts that will leave you with the physical strength and spiritual energy you need to face the everyday challenges of life.
- ENCOURAGE you to grow stronger physically and challenge you to consider your unique place in this world and discover God's plan for your life.
- EDUCATE you on the difference that both physical and spiritual fitness plays in the health of the human life. Physically, we will help you learn what it takes for you to work in your target heart range, increase your metabolism, work out safely and effectively, and challenge your body to see the results you are looking for. We want you to succeed! Spiritually, we will share ideas with you, challenge you to think and search out truth, and encourage you to grow in your spiritual life.
- EQUIP you with the knowledge and skills to lead a healthy and active life. All of our instructors are certified in group fitness and CPR. We provide ongoing training courses to keep our teachers up-to-date with the latest fitness information and trends, because we care about teaching with excellence.
To find a class near you, go to www.bodyandsoul.org or call (888)660-SOUL (7685).