Wow! That's pretty much all I've got. What a great time we had at the student conference. Mark Matlock, Dawson McAllister, the Skit Guys, and Dutton were all great. As I said before, the theme was A Walk with Christ to the Cross: experiencing the last 14 hours of Christ's life. Here are a few of the questions we wrestled with:
- Think about the last 14 hours of your day.
- What was the most significant moment you experienced in the last 14 hours. A lot can change in 14 hours.
- What would you say to your friends during your last meal?
- Why do you suppose the religious leaders were so determined to kill Jesus?
- After going through tremendous detail about what a person suffered during a crucifixion and how Jesus specifically suffered, what do you believe this story says about Jesus' love for you?
That is just a small sample of what was talked about. It was powerful.
So what now? Now we pray. Pray that the enemy wouldn't be given the opportunity to minimize or corrupt the work that the Spirit began this weekend in our student's lives. Pray that the words that were spoken would impact them in a way that leaves them changed forever. Pray that Christ would be the sole object of their worship and passion, for he alone is worthy. He certainly paid the price.