Derwood Bible Church provides a Sunday School ministry for children ages 3 years old through 4th grade.
Visitors and Guests: You can pre-register your child by filling out the form on the bottom of this webpage. When you come Sunday morning, please stop by the guest table just inside the front doors of the main building in order to check in. You can always register your child on a Sunday morning as well.
The KidZone staff seeks to ensure that each child feels valued and welcomed, leaving each week knowing that God loves him or her and has a wonderful plan for their life. Our purpose is to support parents as they share the gospel and disciple their children. We want parents to know what their children are learning and provide resources to review the content in the context of normal family life.
Teachers work with our pastor of community development, Jason Purdy, to deliver the message of Jesus Christ in fresh, innovative and exciting ways that engage the children.
Classes are grouped by age and grade. After participating in praise and worship with their families in the auditorium, children are dismissed to their individual KidZone classes.
Located in the two classrooms off the foyer in the big church building. Parents escort their children to these classes when they are dismissed and pick them up at the same location after the service.
- Pandas 3 year olds
- Lions 4 year olds
Kindergarten & Elementary (1st-4th grade)
Their teachers will meet their class in the foyer and escort them to their class room in the small church building right next door. Parents will pick their children up at their classroom after the service.
- Kindergarten and 1st Grade
- 2nd Grade
- 3rd Grade and 4th Grade
- Children older than 4th grade attend the service with their families.
Please contact Pastor Jason at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the KidZone programs at Derwood Bible Church.
For KidZone Parents
In an effort to come alongside you as you disciple your children, there is a Big Picture Card which goes along with each Sunday's lesson. If you desire to utilize this resource to empower you to disciple your children, please email your request to email@example.com. We will follow up quickly with the digital resource.
For KidZone Teachers
- Curriculum Link: https://mcm.lifeway.com/login.html
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to be invited to gain access to the curriculum portal.
- Curriculum Preview Guide: http://www.gospelproject.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/TheGospelProjectKids_PreviewGuide.pdf
- The Leader Guide is the primary piece you are responsible to access in order to prepare for and teach your class. Please let me know if you have any difficulty accessing/printing it.
- Pandas and Lions use the Preschool version.
- Kindergarten, 1st grade, and 2nd grade uses the Younger Kids version.
- 3rd-4th grade uses the Older Kids version.
- The curriculum is broken up into small groups/large groups. Simply do all that you plan with the entire group.
- A Timeline Poster, a Big Picture Question and Answer sheet, a Key Passage (ESV) sheet, and a Main Point sheet will be provided in each classroom for teacher use.
- Enough activity pages for each child will be provided in each classroom. All classes, except 3rd-4th grade, will have the activity page on the front side and a coloring page on the back side. 3rd-4th grade will have the journal page on the back side instead of the coloring page.
- A radio and curriculum CD is provided in every room.
- Crayons, kid's scissors, and glue are provided in all KidZone rooms.
- Bibles are provided in the elementary rooms.
- Goldfish, cups, and pitchers for water are provided for snack time in the preschool and kindergarten rooms.
- We do not have video capability, so please be ready to teach your lesson without the video portions of the curriculum.
- You are responsible for providing any other supplies you choose to use for your class, but we have a KidZone budget to reimburse to you the cost! If you buy any supplies, please turn in a Reimbursement Request.xls form to me either in person or by email, and we will promptly send you a reimbursement check.
- Always refer to our Child Protection Plan.pdf and KidZone Volunteer Handbook.
2016-17 Nursery/KidZone Registration Form