How To Get Involved
We strive to make our children and student ministries a place where leaders are able to teach and engage the youth of DBC for the sake of God's kingdom. Volunteers in these ministries take their role very seriously and have a great time doing it.
Steps to Volunteering
- Review and pray through the volunteer opportunities listed below. Click on the links to download the full description and expectations of the role.
- KidZone: 3's, 4's and Kindergarden Teachers
- KidZone: 1st-4th Grade Teachers
- KidZone: Substitute Teacher (Same as above but you are only on an "as needs" basis
- KidZone: Assistant Teacher (Same as above without lead teaching responsibility)
- KidZone: Adult Presence (check out)
- KidZone: Greeter (check in)
- Awana: Cubbies, Sparks, and T&T
- TheEdge: Jr High Ministry Leader
- Momentum: High School Ministry Leader
- Complete the necessary paperwork
- Application for Children and Youth Work - Part of this application is a consent to run a background check. We run background checks on all volunteers as we make every effort to provide a safe environment for our kids. All sensitive information will be destroyed once the check is complete.
- Submit the paperwork to Jason Purdy (Children's Ministries) or Mike Speer (Awana & Teen Ministries).